Tax attorneys are generally considered among the highest-paid lawyers in the business. However, the actual salary of a tax attorney will depend on a number of factors, including education, sector and location.
1. According to Salary Expert, the average annual salary of a tax attorney in 2009 was $100,000.
2. In considering the average salary of a tax attorney, one must take into account the fact that tax attorneys must undergo three years of law school. Moreover, many tax attorneys go on to acquire a master of law degree in tax. Consequently, repaying student loans often factors into a tax attorneys finances.
3. The salary of a tax attorney will vary depending on the sector she serves. For instance, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, attorneys working for private companies made an average of $128,610 in 2006. On the other hand, attorneys working for local government made an average of $78,810 in 2006.
4. The salary of a tax attorney will vary depending on location. In 2009, the average salary of a tax attorney in Chicago was $154, 427. In Manhattan, the average was $168, 703, and in In Indianapolis, the average was $109, 844.
5. Employment of lawyers is expected to grow by 11 percent during the 2006-16 decade. This is roughly the same as the average for all occupations.
.Reference resource: Click Here.