Job search portals and websites are one of the most used categories of internet web pages all around the world. A large part of the worldwide population depends on the internet for job search engines and portals. The internet has given people the exposure to various employers not only in their vicinity, but also at foreign locations and has helped them try their luck at various possibilities. The internet has made the world even smaller and now, connecting with people around the world is nowhere a big deal. One can apply to foreign countries for academic courses in technology, management, hospitality and also for jobs in various sectors or categories. Web portals allow a number of recruiting employers of varying sectors to put in their company advertisements and their available vacancies online, for job aspirants to see and apply to. The job aspirants need to simply register with the job portal websites and then they can make use of all the website’s services, assistance and software applications. Let’s take a quick look at the main advantages of the job search web portal websites.
1. Exposure to a variety of Employers at one place: One can find employers and companies of various sectors, industries, specializations, and can apply to them easily. The professional public profile that one makes on the website can also be viewed by companies and recruiters and he or she can also get calls for job offers and openings.
2. Refined Job Search: People can not only search all kinds of jobs, but can also filter the search results as per their requirements. Users can search recruiting employers with respect to industry sector, expected salary, required experience, location, and job profile.
3. Employer Reviews: Web portals often have forums and blogs too where people, working or not, both can discuss their requirements and assist each other in their problems. You can also usually find company rankings and reviews too, which help you decide whether you want to apply to a company or not. India’s top companies and even local company rankings are found on the website.
4. Online Professional Profile: Users are supposed to make their public profile on the website which would be visible to recruiters and companies for reference. The users have to fill in the online form with personal details, academics, achievements, and previous employers, if any. They also have to upload a professional Resume of CV in standard format for the recruiters to refer to. This profile needs to be updated from time to time so that your information is updated at all times for the employers searching for employees.
5. Profile Enhancement and Improvement: The websites have also started offering profile improvisation services for nominal charges. These are Career Management Tools that help the users to make the best out of their registration to the website. You can make use of the Resume or CV enhancement services, the Job application tracker, and profile exposure software.